Thursday, February 17, 2022

Fancy Cut in Annie's Quilts to Make in a Weekend Book

I'm super excited to share my Fancy Cut quilt with you.  

Just as the name implies, this quilt is designed with angled cuts to give it a fun yet easy to make look.  The color pallette in this quilt speaks to my heart as a designer.  I simply love muted jewel tone colors paired with white solid for a modern edgy vibe. 




You can find the pattern for Fancy Cut in Annie's new Quilts to Make in a Weekend book which features 9 time-friendly designs.  

Here's a direct link to purchase the book. 

The fabrics for Fancy Cut are a stash busting mix of leftover precut 2-1/2" strips from other projects as well as some that I cut from yardage.  This quilt was perfect for pairing down my stash.  To learn more about how I selected fabrics for Fancy Cut, check out my blog post on jewel tone fabrics from back in August 2021.  Yes, I wrote that post as I was pulling fabrics for this quilt!   I couldn't share many details about the quilt with you at the time but it's always fun to connect the dots later :) 

I used Warm 80/20 batting from The Warm Company to give the quilt a very soft and drapeable feel when quilted.  It will keep you warm while snuggled on the couch without being so heavy you feel trapped under it.  Does that happen to you too - or am I the only one?   

For cutting the angled specialty cuts, I used Kimberly Einmo's flying geese ruler from EZ Quilting.  It's one of my favorite rulers.  

The Quilts to Make in a Weekend book includes a second one of my designs, Modern Jewel, too!  You can read about it in this blog post.  

I'd love to see the version of Fancy Cut that you make.  Be sure tag me on social media #masterpiecequilting as well as #anniescraftstore. 


If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment