Friday, February 4, 2022

Modern Jewel Quilt in Annie's Quilts to Make in a Weekend

I'm super excited to share my Modern Jewel quilt with you.  This quilt simply speaks to my heart as a designer.  Muted jewel tone colors paired with white solid and simple traditional elements laid out to give a modern edgy vibe. 


You can find the pattern for Modern Jewel in Annie's new Quilts to Make in a Weekend book which features 9 time-friendly designs.  

Here's a direct link to purchase the book. 

The fabrics for Modern Jewel are part of the Matchmade collection by Pat Bravo from Art Gallery Fabrics.  I totally love this collection of muted jewel tone fabrics and when paired with white are so crisp and stunning. 

I used Warm 80/20 batting from The Warm Company to give the quilt a very soft and drapeable feel when quilted.  It will keep you warm while snuggled on the couch without being so heavy you feel trapped under it.  Does that happen to you too - or am I the only one?   

For cutting the Flying Geese units, I used Kimberly Einmo's flying geese ruler from EZ Quilting to make them perfect every time.  It's one of my favorite rulers.  

The Quilts to Make in a Weekend book includes a second one of my designs, Fancy Cut, too!  But more about it in another blog post. 

I'd love to see the version of Modern Jewel that you make.  Be sure tag me on social media #masterpiecequilting as well as #anniescraftstore. 


If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment