Monday, September 13, 2021

Strip Star Block Challenge - Sneak Peek #1

It's Monday and you know what that means - it is time for me to share Sneak Peek #1 of my Strip Stars Block Challenge! 

Here is where I'm at so far - I'm still playing with color placement! 



Don't worry - once I get the game plan figured out for sure, then I'll start working with fabrics.  Since this was a new block for me to work with, I've taken a bit more time playing - yes, playing, with different design options, different color placement, stretching the block, rotating it, flipping it, ya know, just playing! 

If you remember from last week's Fabric Pull post (click here in case you missed it), I shared that I'm using a scrappy mix of autumnal stash fabrics.  Well, as I started to place those fabrics into the block in the design software, it got real busy ... real fast... like there was no focal point to the block any longer.  So I needed to pull back and just focus on a few colors that would have a strong impact.  

Well, it is a block re-imagined challenge - so everything is fair game - and this is all part of the design process.  Normally this is a part of the process that most people don't see, so it is fun to be able to share it with you.  

And yes, I'm gonna keep you waiting until next week to see what the blocks look like - so stay tuned for Sneak Peek #2 next Monday July 20th. (Now might be a great time for you to follow me on Facebook or Instagram if you don't already, so you don't miss next weeks post.) 

I can't wait to see everyone's sneak peeks today. Be sure to follow each of the designers so you don't miss their posts during this fun challenge. 


@tamarinis

@katecollerandesigns

@sue_duckcreekquilting

@patchworkbreeze

@megschoicepatterns

@southwind_quilts

@swanamity

@sewhookedontreasures 

@reeze_morningglorydesigns

@implumcute

@masterpiecequilting 

@jenstrauser

@crafttowardsjoy

@ttquilts


An easy way to find the posts is using the following hashtags.  Just type them into the search box and the posts will show up. 


#stripstarblockchallenge

#stripstarquiltblock

#morethanjustablockchallenge

#designerblockchallenge

#Septemberblockchallenge

#Septemberdesignerblockchallenge

#quilt

#quilts

#quiltdesigner

#quiltblock

#quiltblocks


I can't wait to see everyone's sneak peeks and I hope that you will take a look too! Be sure to follow each of the designers so you don't miss their posts during this fun challenge.


If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment