Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Log Cabin Block Challenge - Sneak Peek #2

I know a lot of you had questions after last week's blog post - what was I doing with these log cabins?  

Well, the wait is over!  Here is what my completed block looks like.


It's super scrappy and super bright and the dark blue is the perfect accent color to give the eye a landing place.   

When I think about Log Cabin blocks, the color placement is usually the focal point with one side being dark and the opposite side being light.  In this case, I re-imagined the color placement and used alternating "rows" around the center of bright and dark.  I totally love the look and think it has so many possibilities.   

Besides alternating the color placement, I also changed the width of the strips.  The bright strips are wider while the dark strips are narrower.  This helps with the optical illlusion created by the color placement. 

If you are finding this blog post for the first time and haven't heard of the Log Cabin Re-Imagined Challenge, before, this earlier blog post has all the details and will get you up to speed. 

So - just between you and me - I do have my quilt completely finished.  

And I can not wait to share it with you next week.  Right now it is being guarded so no one can see what it looks like.  Ruby takes her job very seriously :) 



I can't wait to see everyone's sneak peeks today. Be sure to follow each of the designers so you don't miss their posts during this fun challenge. 

@tamarinis

@katecollerandesigns

@masterpiecequilting

@dragonflysquiltingdesignstudio

@debbiewendtquilting

@swanamity

@quilterstreasurechest
@lisaerin1121

@swanamity

@christinevbquilts

@southwind_quilts

@appliques.quilts.and.more

@katiemaequilts

@textiletimetravels

@discoflamingo



If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment