Monday, May 3, 2021

Log Cabin Block Challenge - Fabric Pull

It's a new month and another new block challenge.  This month the designers are re-imagining Log Cabin blocks.  This is going to be so much fun!  I can't wait to see what everyone creates. 

If you have been following along, a group of quilt pattern designers are challenging each other to re-imagine and re-interpret a traditional quilt block.  Here are links if you want to take a look at the quilts I made during the Snowball Block Challenge, the Rail Fence Block Challenge and the Pinwheel Block Challenge.  

Each Monday in May, the participating designers are sharing about the challenge on their Instagram feeds.  Some of us are adding other social media too.   If you don't already follow me on Instagram, I'm @masterpiecequilting 

This week I'm sharing the fabrics that I'm using for the challenge.  I am going bright and scrappy this month.  I have a HUGE plastic tote FULL of bright quilting cottons that I want to use up.  (Note: I've said the same thing on the last 3 bright, scrappy quilts I've made and the tote is still FULL!) All of the pieces are smaller than a fat quarter so they will work perfect in this quilt. 



Here is the list of Instagram handles of the participating designers.  Each of us are sharing our fabric pull and / or color scheme on Monday May 3rd.  

@tamarinis

@katecollerandesigns

@masterpiecequilting

@dragonflysquiltingdesignstudio

@debbiewendtquilting

@swanamity

@quilterstreasurechest
@lisaerin1121

@swanamity

@christinevbquilts

@southwind_quilts

@appliques.quilts.and.more

@katiemaequilts

@textiletimetravels

@discoflamingo


I can't wait to see what everyone is selecting for their fabrics and I hope that you will take a look too! Be sure to follow each of the designers so you don't miss their posts during this fun challenge.


If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment