Sunday, May 10, 2020

Spring Quilt Market -- Transitioning from Live to Virtual

As I look at my calendar for today, I had planned on starting to pack my vehicle for the drive later in the week to Pittsburgh PA for Spring Quilt Market.  This would have been my first market as a vendor.  That's a huge thing for a small business like mine.  

In March I learned that Spring Quilt Market was cancelled for this year.  And the pivoting began.  It's been a whirlwind 8 weeks of zoom meetings and working virtually.  Working harder than I've worked in a long time.  Readjusting schedules, selling stash fabric on Etsy to make up for lost income, pivoting and pivoting hard. 

But not all of my pre-Market work has been lost.  The inperson event that was scheduled for May 15-18 has been replaced by a Virtual Quilt Market that is scheduled for June 2-4.   I'm excited about the opportunites a virtual market offers.  For many shop owners who aren't able to attend the in-person event, the virtual market gives them a chance to participate.  Yes, I'm going to miss seeing all my fellow designers and industry professionals but I'll get to see them virtually instead. 



The Virtual Quilt Market is being put together quickly and the website is still under development. If you are interested in attending, be sure to join their mailing list. 

If you are a quilt shop owner, I invite you to join my Masterpiece Quilting Wholesale Group.  In this group, I'm sharing my latest patterns, upcoming releases, pattern bundles and other wholesale options.  



No comments:

Post a Comment