Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Blossom

There is no better way to celebrate Spring than with a big ole bouquet of flowers.  Regardless of whether they come from your flower beds, your favorite florist or your favorite fabric store, flowers always put a smile on my face and warmth in my heart when I see them.  



Blossom is a 21" x 21" wall hanging that is perfect for chasing away the winter blues and bringing a splash of Spring color into your home.  In addition to using Island Batik fabrics, I used Aurifil thread for piecing and a variegated thread from Superior Threads for the blanket stitch around each of the appliques.  

This pattern is a great stash buster with its scrappy border.



Here is a close-up of the quilting.  I quilted a free-motion swirl in the background around the applique and into the matching fabric sections of the border so it appears to be one area.  In the pieced border blocks, I used a curved line to accentuate the piecing.

The pattern for Blossom is available for purchase as both a print and pdf digital download in my Etsy shop.  I would love to see your version of Blossom.  Feel free to post a photo on my Masterpiece Quilting Facebook Page.





No comments:

Post a Comment