Monday, August 23, 2021

Ocean Waves Block Challenge - Sneak Peek #2

 It's time for Sneak Peek #2 of the Ocean Waves re-imagined block.  


Last week I was busy with pieces and parts and while I made some progress this week, I didn't get everything sewn together.  So here is what it looks like on my design wall. 


I've stretched the blocks gradually adding a 1/2" of length to each column and then played with the color gradations.  Light gray in the center blending to dark gray on the outer edge.  And then reversing the colors - light pink on the outer edge blending to dark pink in the center. 

And there are actually 2 blocks!  And they are mirror images of each other.   Yes, this is going to be fun when I put them all together into a quilt! Stay tuned next week to see that magic happen in the reveal :) 


I can't wait to see everyone's sneak peeks today. Be sure to follow each of the designers so you don't miss their posts during this fun challenge. 

@tamarinis

@katecollerandesigns

@swanamity  

@patchworkbreeze

@megschoicepatterns

@sue_duckcreekquilting

@reeze-morningglorydesigns

@southwind_quilts

@masterpiecequilting  

@jennybowker1   

@jenstrauser


An easy way to find the posts is using the following hashtags.  Just type them into the search box and the posts will show up. 


#oceanwaveblockchallenge

#oceanwavequiltblock

#morethanjustablockchallenge

#designerblockchallenge

#augustblockchallenge

#augustdesignerblockchallenge

#quilt

#quilts

#quiltdesigner

#quiltblock

#quiltblocks


If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment