Thursday, August 12, 2021

Butter Churn Block - August's Old School Block of the Month

On the 12th of each month, the tutorial for the Old School Block of the Month is released.     

Talk about the perfect block for August - easy to make and simply stunning all at the same time!  

The Butter Churn Block tutorial by May Chappell is available now using this link

I was able to stitch my block up in no time.  

Instead of using just 2 fabrics, I added a third fabric so the block would coordinate better with the other blocks I'm making as part of this Block of the Month.  



This block was so easy to make, I may have to make a couple more and play around with different color placement. 

If you are finding this blog post for the first time and want to join the Old School Block of the Month, we would love to have you!   

If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment