Monday, March 15, 2021

Rail Fence Block Challenge 2021 - Sneak Peek #1

These block challenges are so much fun and I can't wait to share Sneak Peek #1 this week of the Rail Fence Block Challenge.   In case you are catching this post first,  here is a link back to last week's post where I revealed my fabric pull for the challenge.  

Here is a first glance at my block! 



This week I've been busy sewing 6 "rails" to make my rail fence block.   I have several blocks already at this stage with several more to go.  And yes, I am making a dent in my autumn stash bin.  If you are wanting to stitch along with me, I have precut 2-1/2" strips in an autumn colorway available in my Etsy shop.  They are very similar to the fabrics I'm using. 


If you aren't super comfortable sewing together 2-1/2" precut strips, I put together a quick Watch Me Work video where I share a lot of tips and tricks about working with 2-1/2" precut strips.  



If this video was helpful to you, be sure to subscribe to my Youtube channel to see more of my videos. 

The fun of a challenge like this is to see what everyone is doing.  Here is the list of Instagram handles of the participating designers.  Each of us are sharing a sneak peek of our blocks today - Monday March 15th.  

@tamarinis

@seamslikeadreamquilts

@faithandfabric

@sue_duckcreekquilting

@dragonflysquiltingdesignstudio

@appliques.quilts.and.more

@orangeblossomquilt 

@swanamity

@lisaerin1121

@debbiewendtquilting

@masterpiecequilting

@lizardcreekquilting

@storiedquilts314

@patchworkbreeze

@mvquilts

@melissabekkum



Next week I will be sharing sneak peek #2 and you will be wowed when you see what I do with these blocks :) 


If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment