Monday, February 22, 2021

Snowball Quilt Block Challenge - Final Reveal

I'm so super excited for this final reveal.  This has been a busy month of stitching and flipping and making snowball quilt blocks.  I don't know if it was coincidence or not, but we have had an unseasonable amount of snow and cold this month which was way-to-fitting for a snowball themed challenge.  (Maybe next month's challenge should be fun-in-the-sun blocks! ) 


If you are catching this blog post first and want to follow my snowball block challenge journey, here are the links to the fabric pull, block sneak peek #1 and block sneak peek #2.
 

Thanks to all that snow and cold, I had time to actually finish my entire quilt this month and get the pattern written too!   I'm so excited to share Snowbound with you.  I wanted to have a snow-themed name for the pattern and Snowbound sounded perfect.  In keeping with my tradition of photographing each block sneak peek on snow, I went out tonight to snap a quick photo of the quilt on the big snow pile at the end of our driveway. 


The pattern for Snowbound includes two size options - a throw size, which is what I made, and a bed size.  The throw can be made with 18 - fat eighths while the bed size uses a bundle of 18 fat quarters and both sizes require yardage for the blocks, border and binding.   

In my Etsy shop, I have both pdf digital download and print versions of the pattern available as well as all the fabric needed to make the quilt.  For your convenience, I've added quick links to each below: 

PDF Digital Download Pattern

Print Pattern with Shipping Included

Fat 1/8th Bundle - Michael Miller Cotton Couture

Fat Quarter Bundle - Michael Miller Cotton Couture

Powder Blue Yardage - Michael Miller Cotton Couture

Candlelight Yardage - Michael Miller Cotton Couture


Here are some closeup photos of the quilting.  In the snowballs I quilted a feather design that continues from block to block. 


Quilting Block

For the secondary pattern squares, I quilted straight lines for a geometric look.  


In the borders, I went with some gentle waves to bring it all together and provide extra structure to the borders since they get handled the most. 


And a pattern release isn't complete without Ruby getting in on the action while I'm taking photos!   


I hope you have enjoyed the Snowball Block Challenge as much as I have enjoyed designing and making the quilt to share with you.   

If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment