Monday, February 15, 2021

Snowball Quilt Block Challenge - Block Sneak Peek #2

I hope you have been enjoying all the sneak peek's from last week.  I can't believe how different everyone's snowball blocks look.  But that is the fun with a challenge like this - everyone interprets the block differently.   To see all the different blocks, use the hashtags listed in the image below to see them on social media. 



I finished all the stitch and flip corners on my blocks and have a total of 35 beautiful snowballs.  The Michael Miller cotton couture fabric really makes them vibrant. 


This week I'm sharing another sneak peek of my block.  

I have added a second round of stitch and flip on top of my first stich and flip.  Say that too fast and well, we won't say what it sounds like!!! 

Using a smaller yellow square, I used the same process to stitch, trim and flip to give me a really complex look on the corner of each block.  


If you aren't familiar with the stitch and flip technique, be sure to check out the video I shared last week as I was making the blocks. 


It is surprising how just adding the extra stitch and flip square really changed the look of the block.  It makes it look so upscale. 


Next week join me for the final reveal of my Snowball quilt!  I can't wait to share it with you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment