Monday, February 8, 2021

Snowball Quilt Block Challenge - Block Sneak Peek #1

Are you having fun with the Let It Snowball block challenge?  It's so much fun to see all the fabrics that everyone has pulled for their challenge.  If you are just hearing about the Snowball Quilt Block challenge, here is a link to my post introducing it. 


I've started on my snowball blocks and I'm excited to share how pretty they look - and I couldn't resist taking a photo of a snowball block outside on a pile of snow! 


 To make the Snowball block, I'm using the stitch and flip technique where you diagonally stitch one smaller square of fabric onto each corner of the larger square.  After trimming the excess away, you flip the smaller squares up and away.  Repeat the process on all four corners and you instantly have a snowball block! 

If you aren't familiar with the Stitch and Flip Technique and are more of a visual learner, check out my Watch Me Work video where I demo the technique. 


By the way, did you know there's a huge giveaway as part of the fun?  If you haven't entered yet, go to the "I'm in!" Snowball Fight Post on my @masterpiecequilting Instagram account and follow the loop to enter.  The giveaway runs through February 12, 2021. 

Join me next week as I share my progress on my Snowball blocks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment