Saturday, January 4, 2020

Pulling the Plug on a UFO

If you are like me, you have a lot of UFO's - aka UnFinished Projects.   One of my goals for this year is to finally finish some of them.  I have deliberately gotten two of them out of the tote they were stashed away in and put them front and center in my studio so I can work on them when I have an extra hour or so.  One has even already been pinned up on the design wall and I was amazed at how much I had done...  but it's been 3 or 4 years since I've worked on it! 

And realistically there are some projects that I am just never going to finish.  I ran across one of those projects this morning and am putting the extra fabric back into my stash. 


I'm not even sure what the name of the quilt is!  (I know, that's bad.)  It was a Quilt Show block of the month from many, many moons ago.  I'm guessing the instructions are downloaded on an old laptop.  (I know, not good - please don't judge.)  I had gotten this far on the center but realistically, my love for it isn't there like it used to be.  

So I'm pulling the plug on it.  Since I still have the fabrics, I may add a small 2-3" border onto it and then I'll use it as a practice quilt to play around with some new quilting designs on my longarm.   And I may experiment with a decorative machine binding. 

And ya know what, I'm okay with that.  Actually, I feel good about it.  A weight has been lifted and closure has been brought to another UFO.  

I might end up using it as table topper but most likely it will end up as a quilt for the pooches to lay on while they are in the studio.    Miss Lilly is already thinking it looks pretty good to her.  


And I've got some yardage to add back into my stash in my favorite shades of blue! 


So all is well that ends well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment