Monday, October 3, 2022

Clay's Choice Block ReMix Challenge - Fabric Pull

After a super busy summer, I'm excited to back in the loop for the Block ReMix Challenge.  This month the designers are working with the Clay's Choice block.  This traditional favorite will be so much fun to re-design.  If you aren't familiar with it, here is what the block looks like. 



For my fabric pull, I'm using Northcott Canvas tonals so the focus of the block is on the design not on the fabric.  Since it's October I'm using a autumn inspired combination of burnt orange and olive green paired with an off-white.  




If you want to learn more about the process I used to select fabrics for this block, I've compiled a Tips & Tricks for Selecting Fabrics for a 3-Fabric Block Pattern download.  It's completely free and perfect for quilters who want to gain confidence in selecting fabric.   Click HERE to access the download.  

I truly love the opportunity to play and experiment with different blocks as part of the REMIX challenge.  Each month we independently re-design the same block and it's always fun to see how each designer interprets the challenge. 

On Mondays, the participating designers share about the challenge on their Instagram feeds.  Some of us are adding other social media too.   If you don't already follow me on Instagram, I'm @masterpiecequilting 

Here is the list of Instagram handles of the participating designers.  Each of us are sharing our fabric pulls this week.   

@tamarinis

@katecollerandesigns

@appliques.quilts.and.more

@patchworkbreeze

@masterpiecequilting

@dragonflysquiltingdesignstudio

@blueskycrafter

@shout4joyquilter

@deb.quiltblox

@crafttowardsjoy

@megschoicepatterns

@sue_duckcreekquilting

@southwind_quilts

@quiltberryhill_designs

@sjmax105


An easy way to find the posts is using the following hashtags.  Just type them into the search box and the posts will show up. 

Hashtags:


#ClaysChoiceblockchallenge

#ClaysChoicequiltblock

#morethanjustablockchallenge

#designerblockchallenge

#Octoberblockchallenge

#Octoberdesignerblockchallenge

#quiltblockremixchallenge

#quilt

#quilts

#quiltdesigner

#quiltblock

#quiltblocks



I can't wait to see what everyone is sharing this week and I hope that you will take a look too! Be sure to follow each of the designers so you don't miss their posts during this fun challenge.


If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment