Thursday, May 12, 2022

Sisterhood Quilt Along - Block 25 Rea - May 12th

Today I'm sharing about the Sisterhood Quilt Along by Tammy Silvers (aka Tamarinis) and Kate Colleran of Kate Colleran Designs.  Their newest Block of the Month pattern features 30 different star blocks, each named after an influential women in their lives.

As part of the quilt along, they have invited a number of fellow designers on the journey with them to make one of the blocks as well as to tell a story about an important women in our lives.

I excited to share my version of Block 25, the Rea block, as part of the Sisterhood Quilt Along.  I’m dedicating my version of the block to my Grandmother, Lena Lamle Scott, as she is the person who taught me to quilt when I was a young child and her heavenly birthday is coming up on May 16th!  Grandma always expected her birthday to be celebrated and I can't think of a better way to remember and recognize her than with this block dedication.

Grandma was an avid quilter and I didn’t realize how good she was until after she passed and I was having some of her quilts appraised and the quality of her hand quilting was noted by each appraiser. I’m fortunate to have a few of the quilts she made including a catherdral windows quilt that was completely handstitched and included remnants of from our dresses in this photo.




For my version of Block 25, I opted for a fall-ish colorway with some rich greens, deep reds and gold. If you follow me, you know my fall fabric stash bin is always overflowing, so I pulled from it for this block.


I love how this color combination of lights and darks really makes the block pop. For fun, I decided to photograph it "on-point" and I absolutely love it! Wouldn't this be so fun to have an entire quilt made from this block. Oh what fun it would be to create secondary patterns with just the color placement!



Be sure to check out all the posts about the Sisterhood Quilt Along by using these hashtags.

#sisterhoodquiltpattern
#sisterhoodqal
#sisterhoodquilt


If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment