Monday, December 13, 2021

Old School Block of the Month - + 12 Block Layout

Old School Block of the Month -

On the 12th of each month, the tutorial for the Old School Block of the Month has been released this year.  I'm excited and sad at the same time.  Excited to finish yet another block but sad that is is our last month together. 

This month's block is another new block for me to make (isn't it amazing that after all these years quilting, I'm still making new-to-me blocks!)  and it goes together super easy.   

Sherri Falls of This & That Patterns is the designer for this month and her instructions will expertly guide you as you make her "Christmas Blossom" block, even if this is your first experience with sewing partial seams. 

Direct Link to Sherri's blog post

Here is my finished block.   (Yes, it looks a bit wonky in the photo...but in real life it's perfectly square.  I'm not sure what happened, but let's blame the photographer (me!))



I'm sticking with my same blue and pink colorway so this block will fit perfectly with the rest of the blocks.   And I even fussy-cut the center snail to match the other blocks where I've fussy-cut this year. 



Since we are at the last block for the year, I want to share the layout that I've created for my quilt.  In the next couple of weeks, I'll be finalizing the placement of my blocks and making the finished quilt top.  I've got a few deadline projects that need to happen first :) 

The layout is available as a pdf download with complete materials list, cutting and assembly instructions. (You do need to enter your email to receive it. I know it's an extra step, but it helps keep spammers away.) 

In addition to the 12 block layout, I've also included a 13-block layout since one month we made two blocks.  This layout can be used for any block of the month or whenever you have extra blocks that can be assembled for a charity quilt.  

Download 12 Block Layout PDF here

I would love to see the quilt you make using this layout, be sure to tag me as #masterpiecequilting

If you are finding this blog post for the first time and want to join the Old School Block of the Month, we would love to have you!   

If you would like to join it, you can find the Facebook group here

If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment