Thursday, December 13, 2018

NEW PATTERN RELEASE - Barn Quilt

I'm excited to share my latest pattern release - Barn Quilt!  


This wall hanging features The Barn Quilt panel by Andover Fabrics that is available exclusively at Yoder Department Store in Shipshewana, IN.   

In the design process, I cut the panel apart and then reconstructed it with multiple frames and sashing strips to create a very unique wall hanging that is too pretty to hang on a barn!  The color placement was very deliberate to show off the symmetry of the quilt. 

I chose to use all solid fabrics that match the colors in the panel,  to show respect to the great influence that many Amish quilters have had on my designs.  While I wouldn't call this a "modern" design is does have a bit of a modern aura about it.  

Print patterns are available at Yoder Department Store as well as the panel and fabric bundle.  Pdf patterns are available for immediate download in my Craftsy Store. 

Since I originally designed the wall hanging as a competition quilt, I went over the top with the quilting.  Lots of cross hatching - both straight and curved as well as straight line quilting with too-many-to-count thread changes. Here is a close-up to show the detail of the quilting. 



I know a lot of you are already thinking - that is too hard to make.  Well, it isn't!  The panel is the star of the show ... or star of the quilt!  If you haven't worked with panels before, now is your time to try them.  I love working with panels.  In fact, I'm a self-proclaimed panel hoarder!  To make it easy, I have an online class, Learn to Quilt with Panels, that takes you step-by-step through working with panels. 


I hope you enjoy making the Barn Quilt!  I would love to see your version of it.  If you aren't already, you can follow me on Facebook at Masterpiece Quilting or on IG: @masterpiecequilting

No comments:

Post a Comment