Tuesday, December 18, 2018

December 2018 Island Batik Challenge -

For this month's challenge the Island Batik Ambassadors were given the theme of Whimsical and Wonky! 




Instead of designing a new pattern for the challenge, I opted to remake one of my existing patterns using a mix of greens, white and red Island Batik fabrics.  

My Oh Christmas Tree pattern was first published in the Winter 2017 issue of Quilter's World Magazine and also in my new Masterpiece Quilting's 2018 Christmas Collection book which is available on Amazon.  

Here is the batik version of the wall hanging.  It is quilted with an edge to edge pattern from TK Quilting & Design


And here is the original version as styled for my 2018 Christmas Collection book.  It was custom quilted with an on-point block pattern to accentuate the "branches" of the tree and the background fill was horizontal lines quilted 1/4" apart.  

Styling Creds: Abigail Hake Kellermeyer and Tammi Hake
Photo Creds:  Danielle Morales of InJoy Photography

So which one do you like better?  I haven't decided.  They are the same but yet so different!  

If you like what you see on my blog, share it with your friends.  You can also see more of my work by following me on Facebook or let's be Insta-friends, where I'm always posting.  

1 comment: