Thursday, November 15, 2018

Let's Gather Table Runner from Masterpiece Quilting's 2018 Christmas Collection book

Last week I shared the release of my latest book - Masterpiece Quilting's 2018 Christmas Collection - with you.  In case you missed the introductory blog post, you can read it here.   I promised I would share more about each of the projects in the book and give you some of their background story. 

So let's start with the Dining Room, after all, who doesn't love food and a nicely dressed table too! 

Your Holiday table will be dressed in style with the Let's Gather Table Runner! 




When family and friends gather, nothing sets the mood better than a beautiful table runner. The length of this runner can easily be adjusted by changing the number of blocks in the center section.  Our dining room table is large, as it seats 12 people easily, so I tend to make my table runners extra long so they cover the entire length of the table.  However, I realize not everyone has long tables, so Let's Gather can be custom made to fit your table. 





The pattern uses four fabrics and I simply pulled fabrics from my stash to make the sample runner.  I wanted Let's Gather to have a traditional red, green and gold Christmas look but you can easily substitute other fabrics that match your decor and decorating style.   

A pet-peeve of mine is table runners that don't lie flat.  After all, the gravy boat always wants to spill on its own, so I don't want a thick and puffy batting helping it!  To keep the runner flat, I used Warm 80/20 batting compliments of The Warm Company when I made the sample runner. 



And yes, 2018 Christmas Collection is eligible for Amazon Prime so order today, get the book in 2 days and be ready to start sewing. 

Even though the Holidays are just a few weeks away, Let's Gather is one of the beginner friendly projects that doesn't take a large amount of time to complete.  It would even make a perfect Hostess gift.   

Not sure what to get your favorite quilter for Christmas - I'm sure they will love this book and they might even make you something from it!  

I couldn't have completed 2018 Christmas Collection on my own - photo credit  to Danielle Morales of InJoy Photography, photo styling by Abigail Hake Kellermeyer and Tammi Hake and page layout by Page + Pixel

If you like what you see, be sure to subscribe to my blog, follow me on Facebook or on IG @masterpiecequilting.  If you know someone who would love the Let's Gather Table Runner, please share this blog post with them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment