Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Benartex's Serendipity Collection by Jessica Flick

I'm super excited to share the latest project I've designed as a Benartex Brand Ambassador this year.  I absolutely fell in love with the Serendipity collection designed by Jessica Flick the first time I saw it. The clear bright colors give the fabrics a fresh look, and the artsy floral prints mixed with a stripe and diamond bring a bit of whimsy. 

Check out the entire collection on Benartex's website using this link.  

The collection is available in two colorways, and I opted for the blue, teal and lime green version.  For those of you who are pink lovers or making a quilt for a girly-girl, make sure you check out the second colorway - you will be glad you did. 

As I was designing a pattern to showcase the fabrics, I really wanted to show off the diamonds and the stripes.  They are simply stunning.  Next, I wanted a design that was quick and easy to make, because we all need some quick and easy in our lives.  Row quilts are my go-to for fast piecing.  So, I started playing in the design software (EQ8) and came up with this preliminary design.  I think it's a total win-win for showcasing the fabrics and being quick and easy to make! 



I decided to use the blue background floral as an accent to separate the diamonds and the stripes as well providing pops of color in the stars and the binding. The deep, rich blue really commands your attention.  

As you can see looking at the finished quilt, I added even more accent stripes when I started piecing.  Yep, that is all part of the design process.  Sometimes you have to pivot and make decisions on the fly.  This is why you all always buy extra fabric! 



Since Indiana is rocking all the autumnal colors right now, I needed to get creative with the photoshoot for the quilt.  Backroads are my thing. I'm always game for the road less traveled. And what is more perfect than a pup and quilt ready for some tailgating action?  Ruby, my Corgi, was an absolutely trooper as I was taking pictures.  

Since there aren't many bright flowers blooming right now, this white fence worked perfect, and the sun even popped out for just a few minutes. 


Be sure to check your local quilt shop or favorite online retailer for the Serendipity collection.  It will be perfect for all your spring and floral projects. 

I can't wait to see what you create! 






















No comments:

Post a Comment