Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Cartwheels & Carnivals in Summer 2022 Quilter's World Magazine

I'm excited to share that my Cartwheels & Carnivals quilt pattern is in the Summer 2022 issue of Quilter's World magazine that is available now.  

Yes, I want that pattern


 

I always describe myself as a modern traditional quilter and this design is a bit more modern but it still uses traditional patchwork for the piecing.  The bright bold solids (think brightly colored lights at a carnival) from the Michael Miller Sew Colorful Colorwheel collection give this quilt a very edgy and fresh vibe.  If you love this colorway as much as I do, pick up one of the 18 fat quarter bundles that I have available in my Etsy shop. 


Sometimes we just need fun in life and this quilt is pure fun.  It features 2 blocks alternated in an on-point layout with partial blocks filling in the setting corner and setting triangle placement which makes it hard to determine where the blocks start and stop.   The quilt reminds me of the blur of legs and arms flying thru the air on a carnival ride.  


This issue of Quilter's World magazine is packed full of gorgeous designs.  There are so many that I want to make.  Here is a direct link to purchase the magazine.  

If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment