Tuesday, March 17, 2020

St Patty's Day Mug Rug

Since I didn't have anything quilted to celebrate St. Patty's Day, I decided to make a new mug rug!  

I'm using my Super Simple 9-Patch Mug Rug pattern that is available for FREE in my Bluprint Pattern Store.  (While you are there, check out my other patterns available too!) 

This is a completely stash based project.  I grabbed two greens that played well together for the 9-patch and binding and a coordinating green for the backing. 


The first step is to make the 9-Patch block.  


Next I layered the backing, two layers of batting and the top.  This is where I deviate from the pattern which uses a fusible foam instead of batting.  Since this was a stash project, I used what I could easily access in my studio.  

Please note:  if you are planning on using this mug rug with really hot coffee mugs or soup bowls, make sure you use a heat-reflective batting to prevent any damage to your furniture. 


I did some really simple 1/4" quilting to hold everything together. 


And now, I'm really to celebrate St. Patty's Day in style!  
And as an added bonus, the fabrics I pulled go perfectly with my green Depreciation glass pieces!  Maybe I need to make more green table runners & toppers to match my antique dishes :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment