Monday, June 25, 2018

Shipshewana Quilt Festival

Last week I was at the Shipshewana Quilt Festival in Shipshewana IN.  If you aren't familiar with the show, check out their website and Facebook page.  I grew up about 45 minutes from "Shipshe", as the locals call it, so the town will always have a special place in my heart.  Even though I live several hours away now, I try to get there as often as I can. 


This is my second year vending at the Shipshewana Quilt Festival and while last year was good, this year was amazing!  In my booth I displayed quilts from my stand alone patterns, books and online classes.  Last fall, when I was signing up for the booth, a 10’ x 10’ booth sounded huge, but when I got everything moved it, it was a challenge to get everything to fit!



I displayed quilts from my 4 books – T-shirts, Memories & More, The Simple Sampler, 2018 Christmas Collection and Ribbons & Rosettes.

Always a favorite from my T-shirts, Memories & More book is the framed Scrapbook Style Photo project.  It is a great way to preserve handwritten memories. 


From The Simple Sampler,  I had several of the 1 block pillows as well as the 3 block bed runner.  From 2018 Christmas Collection, two of the quilts were in the show - my Jingle Bells Quilt as well as Tree of Presents. From Ribbons & Rosettes, I had a couple of the pillows on display as well as the Wreath Hanging. I wish I could have displayed more, but I needed a bigger booth!  Maybe next year ;)


I had all 8 – yes 8 – online classes for sale.  My Learn Stack & Cut Quilting class just became available a few weeks ago and was getting a lot of attention.



I always have a DVD playing at the shows so people can see how my online classes are professionally produced.


And of course, the best part of any show is getting to connect with customers and other vendors.  Its always rewarding to meet face-to-face with customers I have met through social media. 

I do a daily drawing for a free pattern.



Plus I had 3 quilts (Jingle Bells Quilt, Tree of Presents and Modern Irish Chain) in the show along with a quilt that my Mother made which I designed and quilted.  It is the cover quilt from The Simple Sampler.



Vending is always an exciting yet exhausting time!  But the fun never ends as today we get to unpack the trailer and put it all away until next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment