Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Thankful Thursday - November 9, 2017

I'm mixing things up this month and am writing a series of Thankful Thursday posts - some will be "quilty" and some will not. 

This week I want to share how thankful I am to be working with Island Batik as one of their Brand Ambassadors this year. This is an amazing experience.  Not only do I get to work with beautiful fabrics, but it has challenged me as a designer to create outside of my usual style ... and we all know, when you are out of your comfort zone, that is when personal growth occurs!  And for that, I am thankful! I'm also thankful for all the other designers I have met and now become friends with through this ambassadorship. 

I always get a lot of questions about what does a Brand Ambassador do?  We aren't employees or independent contractors for Island Batik but we work with them to promote their beautiful fabric collections.  Twice a year Island Batik gives me the batik fabric that I used to make these projects as well as other projects for independent patterns as well as magazine and book submissions.   

Here is a quick look at three of my favorite projects I have made as a Brand Ambassador.

Early in the year I made the Blossom wall hanging and you can read more about it. This wall hanging really kicked off all the raw edge fusible applique projects I have designed this year - which has been a good thing!  The pattern for Blossom is available as a pdf download  on Craftsy. 


Another of my favorite projects was my Rory Baby Quilt pattern made using Island Batiks.  I don't know which version I like best - the original or the remake? You can read more about Rory here. The pattern for Rory is available pdf download on Craftsy. 


My absolute favorite quilt so far this year was made using my Black & White Express pattern but changing out the fabrics to Island Batik's Sakura Collection. My Back to School blogpost gives you all the details.  Again it's a toss up whether I love the original or the remake better.  The batiks lend so much color to this quilt and just make it so bright and cheery! 



I hope my Thankful Thursday posts have inspired you to take some time to think about all the things that you are thankful for too!  Have a great week and I will see you back here next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment