Sunday, January 1, 2017




Happy New Year !!!!

While everyone loves to make New Year's resolutions, it's really easy to make 'em and forget 'em.  My classics are diet, loose weight and exercise more.  Yep, I make the same ones every year and by mid-month I have already forgotten them!

Instead of making resolutions, I have found that I'm more successful if I create goals at the beginning of each year - both personal and professional.

I will share some of my goals for 2017.

To be more diligent sharing what's happening in the studio. 
I plan to blog weekly, be more consistent with social media updates and even start an email newsletter.

To learn photography. Yes, I realize this is a mighty big goal.  I purchased my first DSLR camera last fall and am taking a 26-week online photo class with Ricky Tims.  I look forward to being challenged as I learn how to operate my new camera as well as both Photoshop and Lightroom editing programs.

To practice yoga weekly.  My mat needs me and I need my mat.  I started out really good for the first few months of 2016 ... then summer happened.  I started again in August and did better.  That's the good thing about goals - if things don't work out, you can always readjust and restart again.

To publish patterns under my own brand.  I've been designing quilt patterns for magazines and fabric companies for about 4 years now, but one of my goals is to publish my own patterns.  I'm excited about this as it gives me greater flexibility in how I write the instructions and teach customers how to make my patterns.

To make a dent in my UFP's (Un-finished Projects).  I'm really, really bad about finishing projects that are for me.  As I was doing some cleaning + organizing this fall, I found some 10 year old UFP's and I know that I won't ever finish them ... so I redirected the fabric into other projects.  It really gave me a sense of satisfaction to know that the fabric was put to good use and not taking up space in my closet.

I've got a bunch of other goals but I won't go into all of them now.  Several need to stay under wrap until all the details are finalized and can be made public - so be sure to "subscribe" to my blog.

What are some of your goals for 2017?  Please share them in the comments, I would love to read them.

And as always, Be Safe & Happy Stitching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment