Wednesday, July 14, 2021

July's Block - Old School Block of the Month

On the 12th of each month, the tutorial for the Old School Block of the Month is released.  This month the block is called Summer Loving!    


The designer for the month is Kim Niedzwiecki of GoGoKim.com
If you have ever met Kim, you will understand why she is known as GoGo Kim :) 

Here is the link to Kim's Block tutorial for July. 

Kim is giving us a fussy cut option this month and ya know, I had to do that since I found the perfect fussy cut fabric in my stash earlier this month.  Read more about my fabric challenges in this blog post.  Yes, I'm one of those matchy-matchy quilters!  Don't judge!  :) 

Anyway, I'm keeping with my now revised colorway based on the focal fabric and by repeating the pink and blue fabrics this block still works with the blocks I made earlier.  


The fussy cut flowers bring so much depth to the block and create an optical illusion with the color placement. 
This was a fun block to make.  If you haven't tried fussy cutting before, check out my blog post with my Top 5 Tips for Fussy Cutting. 

If you are finding this blog post for the first time and want to join the Old School Block of the Month, we would love to have you!   

If you would like to join it, you can find the Facebook group here



If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment