Monday, July 12, 2021

5 Patch Chain Block Challenge - Sneak Peek #1

It's Monday and you know what that means - it is time for me to share Sneak Peek #1 of my 5 Patch Chain Block Challenge! 


So far the block is looking pretty much like a 5 Patch Chain Block ... ya, boring, I know.  But next week is when all the fun happens when this block becomes ..... wait, you are going to have to wait til next week to find out :) 

If you remember from last week's Fabric Pull post (click here in case you missed it), I shared that I would be making the blocks in 2 colorways (contemporary and traditional Christmas) since the voting was so close between them. 

Here is the Sneak Peek of the Traditional Christmas colorway. 


It always amazes me how the same block can look so different just by changing the fabric placement.  And for some reason, the green in this block photographed really poorly.  It is honestly more of a christmas green than an aqua green. 

Here are both blocks side by side for a better look. 



And yes, I'm gonna keep you waiting until next week to see what theses blocks transform into - so stay tuned for Sneak Peek #2 next Monday July 19th. (Now might be a great time for you to follow me on Facebook or Instagram if you don't already, so you don't miss next weeks post.) 

I can't wait to see everyone's sneak peeks today. Be sure to follow each of the designers so you don't miss their posts during this fun challenge. 

@katecollerandesigns

@swanamity

@ttquilts

@quiterstreasurechest

@southwind_quilts

@patchworkbreeze

@megschoicepatterns

@masterpiecequilting

An easy way to find the posts is using the following hashtags.  Just type them into the search box and the posts will show up. 


#fivepatchchainblockchallene

#fivepatchchainquiltblock

#morethanjustablockchallenge

#designerblockchallenge

#julyblockchallenge

#julydesignerblockchallenge

#quilt

#quilts

#quiltdesigner

#quiltblock

#quiltblocks


If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment