Monday, July 26, 2021

5 Patch Chain Block Challenge - The Reveal

Oh my Goodness!

This month's challenge has taken on a life of it's own and I'm so excited (maybe relieved is a better word)  just to make it to the reveal stage today.   

So - I started the challenge at the beginning of the month (seems like the beginning of the year!) unsure about my colorway - traditional Christmas or contemporary Christmas - voting was so close that I decided to do both ....  What was I thinking?   I know, I was thinking I would make everyone happy, like I always do.  If you need a refresher on the fabric pull, here is the blog post that started it all. 

Well after a couple of sneak peeks (here are the links to Sneak Peek #1 and Sneak Peek #2), we are now at reveal time and I have completed and custom quilted the contemporary Christmas version of my 5 Patch Chain Block Challenge quilt!

Ta Da .... cue the drum roll.


And for those of you who are looking super close, no the binding is not on the quilt yet...  I literally just cut it out of the quilting frame. 

And no, the quilt doesn't have a name..... 

And no, I don't have the pattern written yet..... 

And no, I'm still not happy with the Traditional Christmas version so I'm not showing it to you yet...  

But this version is finished!  (Insert alleluia chorus!)

Here's another photo - it's the best I could do since all my quilt holding people are at work right now.  I will try to get some more photos tonight when the binding is on and I have human helpers.  Ruby, the Corgi, is great at laying on quilts but not holding them! 


There is a lot of texture in the quilting, which I love.  I will write another blog post just about the quilting later this week. 


I can't wait to see everyone's reveals today. Be sure to follow each of the designers so you don't miss their posts during this fun challenge. 

@katecollerandesigns

@swanamity

@ttquilts

@quiterstreasurechest

@southwind_quilts

@patchworkbreeze

@megschoicepatterns

@masterpiecequilting

An easy way to find the posts is using the following hashtags.  Just type them into the search box and the posts will show up. 


#fivepatchchainblockchallene

#fivepatchchainquiltblock

#morethanjustablockchallenge

#designerblockchallenge

#julyblockchallenge

#julydesignerblockchallenge

#quilt

#quilts

#quiltdesigner

#quiltblock

#quiltblocks


If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment