Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Old School Block of the Month

On the 12th of each month, the tutorial for the Old School Block of the Month is released.     

There is nothing more "old school" than a traditional Court House Steps block. 

If you aren't familiar with the block, it's a variation of a Log Cabin block except the "logs" or in this case, the "steps" are added in a different order.   

Pat Sloan is the designer for this month and her instructions will expertly guide you as you make the block, even if this is your first experience with a Court House Steps block. 

Direct Link to Pat's blog post


Here is my finished block. 



I love the depth of the block with the dark center.  I'm thinking of all sorts of other possible colorways for this block :) 

If you are interested in making a quilt using the Court House Steps block, take a look at my Stepping Out quilt. 



I have PDF Digital Download patterns available in my Etsy shop for your convenience. 


If you are finding this blog post for the first time and want to join the Old School Block of the Month, we would love to have you!   

If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment