Monday, October 25, 2021

Dutchman's Puzzle Block Re-Imagined Challenge - Reveal Day!

Hey - Hey - Hey ... It's Reveal Day for my Dutchman's Puzzle Block Challenge.  

This month I didn't re-imagine the block as much as I have some other blocks in the challenges, but rather I did some re-arranging of the block - which is still fair game - and all part of the design process.  Normally all this re-imagining, re-arranging and creating is a part of the process that most people don't see, so it is fun to be able to share it with you.  

I re-arranged fabric placement, I re-arranged the layout of the flying geese units and came up with some really cool ideas that I'm planning to use in future designs. 

Since I had the blocks from my Sneak Peeks, I stitched them together into a table runner that is perfect for the fall season. 


This time of year I can never have too many table runners.  I still need to get this one quilted and bound but I love the colors against the dining room table and the open center block is perfect for a candle or vase of flowers. 

If you remember from the Fabric Pull post earlier in the month (click here in case you missed it), I shared that I'm using a scrappy mix of autumnal stash fabrics.  If your stash is needing a boost, just out the fat quarter bundles in my Etsy shop.  This 6 pack bundle is a best seller. 

Each Monday in October, the participating designers are sharing about the challenge on their Instagram feeds.  Some of us are adding other social media too.   If you don't already follow me on Instagram, I'm @masterpiecequilting 

Here is the list of Instagram handles of the participating designers.  Each of us are sharing our sneak peeks on Monday October 25th.  

@tamarinis

@katecollerandesigns

@southwind_quilts

@jenstrauser 

@masterpiecequilting 

@patchworkbreeze

@megschoicepatterns

@sue_duckcreekquilting

@crafttowardsjoy

@implumcute


An easy way to find the posts is using the following hashtags.  Just type them into the search box and the posts will show up. 


Hashtags:

#dutchmanspuzzleblockchallenge

#dutchmanspuzzlequiltblock

#morethanjustablockchallenge

#designerblockchallenge

#Octoberblockchallenge

#Octoberdesignerblockchallenge

#quilt

#quilts

#quiltdesigner

#quiltblock

#quiltblocks


I can't wait to see what everyone's sneak peeks and I hope that you will take a look too! Be sure to follow each of the designers so you don't miss their posts during this fun challenge.


If your are loving the Dutchman's Puzzle block and want to make your own quilt, here are is a pattern I designed using a variation of the Dutchman's Puzzle.


Spiked Punch is made using Island Batik fabrics and the block appear to dance across the quilt. The pattern for Spiked Punch is available in my Etsy shop as a pdf digital download.




If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment