Monday, October 18, 2021

Dutchman's Puzzle Block Re-imagined Challenge - Sneak Peek #2

This week I'm sharing Sneak Peek #2 of my Dutchman's Puzzle block.  It has truly been a lot of fun just to play with this block and see how many different ways I can re-imagine it! 


Last week for Sneak Peek #1, I played with color placement (click here in case you missed it.)  This week I'm changing up the orientation of the flying geese units within the block.  Twisting, turning and even omitting them!  

Wow - what a change!  Who knew that just switching the orientation of the units would totally change the movement of the block.  Again the focal points have changed and I'm totally loving the possibilities I'm discovering for some new designs.

If you remember from the Fabric Pull post earlier in the month (click here in case you missed it), I shared that I'm using a scrappy mix of autumnal stash fabrics.  If your stash is needing a boost, just out the fat quarter bundles in my Etsy shop.  This 6 pack bundle is a best seller. 

Well, it is a block re-imagined challenge - so everything is fair game - and this is all part of the design process.  Normally this is a part of the process that most people don't see, so it is fun to be able to share it with you.  

Each Monday in October, the participating designers are sharing about the challenge on their Instagram feeds.  Some of us are adding other social media too.   If you don't already follow me on Instagram, I'm @masterpiecequilting 

Here is the list of Instagram handles of the participating designers.  Each of us are sharing our sneak peeks on Monday October 18th.  

@tamarinis

@katecollerandesigns

@southwind_quilts

@jenstrauser 

@masterpiecequilting 

@patchworkbreeze

@megschoicepatterns

@sue_duckcreekquilting

@crafttowardsjoy

@implumcute


An easy way to find the posts is using the following hashtags.  Just type them into the search box and the posts will show up. 


Hashtags:

#dutchmanspuzzleblockchallenge

#dutchmanspuzzlequiltblock

#morethanjustablockchallenge

#designerblockchallenge

#Octoberblockchallenge

#Octoberdesignerblockchallenge

#quilt

#quilts

#quiltdesigner

#quiltblock

#quiltblocks


I can't wait to see what everyone's sneak peeks and I hope that you will take a look too! Be sure to follow each of the designers so you don't miss their posts during this fun challenge.


If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment