Monday, January 11, 2021

Petal Power in Spring 2021 Quilter's World Magazine

I'm super excited to share my Petal Power quilt with you!  The pattern is available in the Spring 2021 issue of Quilter's World magazine.   If you haven't received your copy yet, here is a direct link to purchase it. 



Petal Power is a fun throw-size quilt that mixes raw-edge fusible applique flowers with simple Nine-Patch blocks.  The color placement within the nine-patches creates a secondary trellis pattern.  As you know, I love quilts with secondary patterns and this quilt is full of them. 

To make the quilt, I selected fabrics from the Solid-ish Watercolor Texture collection by Kimberly Einmo for Timeless Treasures.  Solid-ish is one of my favorite tonal collections with its deep saturated colors.  

For the raw-edge fusible applique, I used Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 from The Warm Company as well as Soft & Bright batting from The Warm Company.  

If the winter blues are starting to get to you, this is the perfect quilt to make to brighten your day and your sewing room!  Get the pattern today and by the time Spring arrives you will be ready to greet it with a brand new quilt. 


If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 


1 comment: