Monday, June 7, 2021

Churn Dash Block Challenge - Fabric Pull

The block chosen for June's block challenge is one of my favorite blocks - the Churn Dash. 

If you have been following along, a group of quilt pattern designers are challenging each other to re-imagine and re-interpret a traditional quilt block.  Here are links if you want to take a look at the quilts I made during the Snowball Block Challenge, the Rail Fence Block Challenge, the Pinwheel Block Challenge and the Log Cabin Block Challenge.  I have free patterns available for the quilts I made in the Rail Fence block challenge and Log Cabin block challenge.  Links are in the respective blog posts.  

Each Monday in June, the participating designers are sharing about the challenge on their Instagram feeds.  Some of us are adding other social media too.   If you don't already follow me on Instagram, I'm @masterpiecequilting 

I describe myself as a modern traditional quilter and designer and most times I'm a little more traditional than modern but this month, I'm definitely leaning towards the modern side of things. 

For my fabric pull, I have selected all solids - white, blue and teal.  


It is no secret that I love blue and white quilts and as I started designing this quilt, I was using just blue and white.  But I felt it needed something - so I added a dash of teal (get the pun, dash of teal - churn dash block.... okay, I know, it's bad when you have to explain your own jokes!)  Anyway, the teal really helped make the design pop! 

Here is the list of Instagram handles of the participating designers.  Each of us are sharing our fabric pull and / or color scheme on Monday June 7th.  If you don't already follow me on Instagram, I'm @masterpiecequilting 

@tamarinis

@katecollerandesigns

@quilterstreasurechest

@masterpiecequilting      

@ttquilts

@patchworkbreeze

@southwind_quilts

@dragonflysquiltingdesignstudio

@discoflamingo

@swanamity

@cherryblossomsstudio


Each Monday in June, the participating designers are sharing about the challenge on their Instagram feeds.  Some of us are adding other social media too.   An easy way to find the posts is using the following hashtags.  Just type them into the search box and the posts will show up. 


#churndashblockchallenge

#churndashquiltblock

#morethanjustablockchallenge

#designerblockchallenge

#juneblockchallenge

#junedesignerblockchallenge

#quilt

#quilts

#quiltdesigner

#quiltblock

#quiltblocks


I can't wait to see what everyone is selecting for their fabrics and I hope that you will take a look too! Be sure to follow each of the designers so you don't miss their posts during this fun challenge.


If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment