Monday, October 10, 2022

Clay's Choice Block ReMix Challenge - Sneak Peek #1

It's time for Sneak Peek #1 of my Clay's Choice Block.   

I'll be honest, this one was a bit more challenging that some.  Maybe it's because I haven't done the challenge for a few month but it took a bit of thinking and playing to come up with some variations that I liked.  And this is a good thing - because looking outside the box is where all the really cool ideas live :) 

As I thought about the possibilities for this block, I wanted to keep the center star as the focal point so I started playing with it first.  I experimented with elongating the star and found a happy medium between a pudgy diamond and a too skinny diamond with this version.  Don't ask how I'm piecing those wedges, I honestly don't have that part figured out yet!  I'm just playing with design ideas :)   

I also adjusted the proportions of the block.  It's still essentially a nine patch but the corners are larger than the other pieces.  At first I didn't like it but now it's starting to grow on me!  


I truly love the opportunity to play and experiment with different blocks as part of the REMIX challenge.  Each month we independently re-design the same block and it's always fun to see how each designer interprets the challenge. 

On Mondays, the participating designers share about the challenge on their Instagram feeds.  Some of us are adding other social media too.   If you don't already follow me on Instagram, I'm @masterpiecequilting 

Here is the list of Instagram handles of the participating designers.  Each of us are sharing our fabric pulls this week.   

@tamarinis

@katecollerandesigns

@appliques.quilts.and.more

@patchworkbreeze

@masterpiecequilting

@dragonflysquiltingdesignstudio

@blueskycrafter

@shout4joyquilter

@deb.quiltblox

@crafttowardsjoy

@megschoicepatterns

@sue_duckcreekquilting

@southwind_quilts

@quiltberryhill_designs

@sjmax105


An easy way to find the posts is using the following hashtags.  Just type them into the search box and the posts will show up. 

Hashtags:


#ClaysChoiceblockchallenge

#ClaysChoicequiltblock

#morethanjustablockchallenge

#designerblockchallenge

#Octoberblockchallenge

#Octoberdesignerblockchallenge

#quiltblockremixchallenge

#quilt

#quilts

#quiltdesigner

#quiltblock

#quiltblocks



I can't wait to see what everyone is sharing this week and I hope that you will take a look too! Be sure to follow each of the designers so you don't miss their posts during this fun challenge.


If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment