Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Contempo Collection by Kate Colleran

What is better than a fresh new fabric collection to play with?  

Today I'm playing with Island Batik's Contempo collection by Kathy Engle for Kate Colleran of Kate Colleran Designs.  This collection is bright and bold with some really cool geometric influenced tonal patterns.   



If this collection is calling your name like it called mine, the best part is that it is currently shipping to quilt shops :)  Be sure to stop by your favorite shop, either in person or online, and order some today! 

Reworking my best-selling Peacock Proud quilt in a brighter colorway has been on my list for quite a while and this is the perfect collection for giving it an updated more summery look.   Let me know in the comments which version you like better. 

Here's the original version in another Island Batik collection from a few years ago. 


And here is the version using the Contempo collection.  Are you as smitten as I am? I love the contrast between the darker, bolder colors and the white.  


If you don't already have my Peacock Proud pattern, links to purchase are below.  The pattern calls for one roll of precut 2-/2" strips plus coordinating yardage.  

Link to PDF Pattern

Link to Print Pattern


I invite you to join Kate and the rest of the amazing quilt pattern designers who are posting about this collection in a blog hop on Instagram.   By the way, I'm @masterpiecequilting in case you don't already follow me.  The hop starts on Wednesday May 18th at 8:00 a.m. MT.   You can start with any of the designers listed and hop from one to another :) 

@katecollerandesigns

@island_batik

@masterpiecequilting

@patchworkbreeze 

@deb.quiltbox

@tamarinis

@swanamity

@poorhousequilts

@swirlygirlsdesign

@quiltinggail

@southwind_quilts


On her blog, Kate is giving away 2 FQ bundles of Contempo. This link will take you directly to her blog for your chance to enter.  


If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment