Monday, November 22, 2021

Birds in the Air Block Challenge - Final Reveal

Where has November gone?  It seems like just yesterday I was pulling fabrics for this block challenge.  

This month the designers worked with the traditional Birds in the Air block and I'm blown away with all the creativity in the group. (Be sure to check out everyone's posts - they are amazing!)

I decided to tackle each half of the block (the larger HST on one side and the smaller pieced HST's on the other side) during the Sneek Peaks as I tried to come up with new and unique ways to re-imagine them.  

I must say the larger HST side was much easier for me to re-imagine than the pieced HST side.  So without any further adieu, here is what I finally decided on for my block.  


 

When I put is all together in a quilt, here is the Final Reveal! 




I'm really kinda liking it!  The more I look at it, the more I'm starting to love it! 

I know this sounds weird but sometimes I create designs that I absolutely love from the start, other times the designs are okay and sometimes I just don't like them.  This one has lots of possibilities so don't be surprised if you see it as part of a quilt someday! 

I'm still in "design-phase" with this one and I can't wait to piece one of the blocks. 

Each Monday in November, the participating designers are sharing about the challenge on their Instagram feeds.  Some of us are adding other social media too.   If you don't already follow me on Instagram, I'm @masterpiecequilting 

Here is the list of Instagram handles of the participating designers.  Each of us are sharing our sneak peeks on Monday November 22nd.  


@tamarinis

@katecollerandesigns

@southwind_quilts

@masterpiecequilting 

@megschoicepatterns

@sue_duckcreekquilting

@crafttowardsjoy


An easy way to find the posts is using the following hashtags.  Just type them into the search box and the posts will show up. 


Hashtags:

#birdsintheairblockchallenge

#birdsintheairquiltblock

#morethanjustablockchallenge

#designerblockchallenge

#Novemberblockchallenge

#Novembdesignerblockchallenge

#quilt

#quilts

#quiltdesigner

#quiltblock

#quiltblocks



I can't wait to see what everyone's sneak peeks and I hope that you will take a look too! Be sure to follow each of the designers so you don't miss their posts during this fun challenge.


If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment