Thursday, November 18, 2021

Be Still My Heart - McCall's Quilting January / February 2022

In this wonderfully chaotic season of the year where Halloween turns into Thanksgiving before our eyes and we debate whether or not we should put up the Christmas Tree while the pumpkins are still on the porch, I'm excited to bring Valentine's Day into the mix! 

Today I'm sharing my Be Still My Heart quilt which is on the cover of the January / February 2022 issue of McCall's Quilting magazine.  After all, it's less than 3 months from Valentine's Day and there is nothing better than snuggling with your sweetie under a quilt! 


Even if Valentine's Day isn't your thing, this would be an adorable quilt to make as an engagement or wedding quilt.  


Be Still My Heart features a lot of my favorite design elements - chains and stars with some raw-edge fusible applique added to make the hearts super quick and easy. 

For this version I used the Holiday Love Essentials collection by Moda Fabrics.  They provided the perfect blend of pretty pinks, reds and whites to bring the design to life. 



The January /February 2022 issue is available on newsstands starting November 23rd (grab a copy while you are Christmas shopping) but digital copies can be purchased online now through QuiltingDaily.com 

If a newsstand isn't handy, print copies will also eventually be available through QuiltingDaily.com too.

 

https://www.quiltingdaily.com/product/mccalls-quilting-january-february-2022-digital-edition/


Before I sent the quilt off to the publisher I always snap a few photos and I can't help but share this fun photo where Ruby is giving the quilt her paw-of-approval! 



If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment