Friday, May 1, 2020

Feeling Sad Again ... Topeka Quilt Show & Sale Cancelled

Lately, I feel like a yo-yo.  Sad, Happy, Sadder, Happier, Kinda Sad, Kinda Happy, Sad and then maybe Happy again.    

I'm familiar with these emotions as a small business owner but lately the yo-yo has been a lot more pronounced. 

Another of my favorite events has cancelled - The Topeka Quilt Show & Sale.

This quaint little show and sale has traditionally been held at the same time as the Shipshewana Quilt Festival in an old school house that had been converted to a church. Since the locations were about 10 miles apart they were the perfect compliment for each other.   

I loved being able to sell my extra kits, books, antique quilts, and no longer needed class samples at their event.   It helped me lighten my load and was another income stream for my business. 

What makes the cancellation even more bittersweet was that this was going to be the last year for the hosting church to have this event! 

In the cancellation announcement, the chairwoman shared that "this is not the way we wanted it to end".  And it's definitely not the way I would want it to end too!    Hopefully they will be able to find someone to take it over and keep the tradition going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment