Wednesday, April 15, 2020

21 Days to T-shirt Quilt Course

As I talk with friends who have graduating seniors, the heart tugging stories of 2020 seniors' years being shortchanged is everywhere.  On social media, I've read some of the most eloquent posts from Moms and Dads to their graduates at all levels - kindergarten, middle school, high school, college and even doctorate.  Life long plans have changed, graduation ceremonies cancelled, parties postponed.  Even though events aren't happening, it doesn't mean memories can't be captured and preserved.  

Since I started working in the quilting industry in 2006, each year I have made T-shirt quilts for graduates that capture and preserve their memories.  While I'd love to make everyone a T-shirt quilt, I know that is not feasible. But what I can do is teach you how to make a quilt for your graduate. 

I've been working on the concept for a 21 Days to T-shirt Quilt class for the last 6 months.  The plan was to launch it Fall 2020 with its own fancy logo and website, supply kits, professionally edited video and basically all the bells and whistles. 

However, I'm getting the message loud and clear from moms, dads, grandmas and graduates that this class is needed NOW

So after a few sleepless nights, a lot of prayer and input from my closest friends and colleagues, I've decided to offer the class as a Beta Group this Spring. 



You will be getting the full content and probably even more than will end up in the final version but not necessarily in a super shiny package.  There will be a lot of video and I'll be learning video editing along the way.  There will be handouts and layout diagrams but I'm not gonna guarantee the formatting will be perfect or there won't be a typo or two. 

It will likely take us longer than 21 days to get through the course since many craft and fabric stores are closed or limited in their shipping options, so supplies won't be available as quickly as I had in the original schedule - but that's okay.  

Your access will continue after 21 days and once the "shiny package course" comes available, I'll transfer your access to it. 

I had planned on pricing the course in the $259 - $279 range.  For this BETA GROUP which will be starting Monday April 27, 2020, I'm offering it for $125.  That is an all-inclusive price for videos, all handouts and a private FB group for interaction with other students and me. 

I'm viewing this as a win-win for both of us. You get the content you need it and I have an opportunity to incorporate your feedback into the final version. 

If you have made it this far, here are the action steps. 

1. If you are interested in joining, please email me at masterpiecequilting@gmail.com and I will send you a paypal invoice.  

2. If you have questions, please email them to me at masterpiecequilting@gmail.com or drop them in the comments below.  I will be Live on my Masterpiece Quilting Facebook page tomorrow night Thursday April 16 at 7 p.m. EST for a Q & A session.  

If you know someone who you think might be interested, please share this information with them.  

I will be accepting enrollment through Thursday April 23, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST. 

No comments:

Post a Comment