Monday, March 30, 2020

My Design - Debby's Quilting: A Fun Collaboration with Debby Brown

I'm excited to share a super fun collaboration that I'm doing with my friend and fellow quilt designer Debby Brown of Debby Brown Quilts.   

I will be making a quilt top using my Modern Bars quilt pattern and then sending it off to Debby who will work her quilting magic on it!  And the best part is that you will get to watch her quilt it and learn more about why she chooses the patterns she uses and how you can stitch the exact same quilting patterns yourself!  

So the first step - selecting the fabrics! 

Here is the original Modern Bars quilt made with Island Batik fabrics.  



While I love the original, I'm opting for a funner, fresher, more modern look with this version.  Here are the fabrics I've pulled so far.  Aquas and teals from my stash paired with a pure white background.  


I think this color palette will give me that light and fresh look I like in a modern quilt. 

Stay tuned as Debby and I post about the progress on this collaboration.  

And if you are looking for the Modern Bars pattern, it will be available soon too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment