Sunday, July 1, 2018

2018 Monthly Color Challenge - July = Green Yellow

For July's 2018 Monthly Color Challenge we are celebrating Green-Yellow

When I thinking of green-yellow, I think of lime green - which suprising is one of my favorite colors!  Even though I never look good wearing it - jewel tones are the best color for my complexion - I have several pieces of lime green!  And I love to pair it with purple which was last month's color.  



If you are finding this blog post for the first time and aren't sure what we are talking about .... To get all the scoop, be sure to check out Jen's post.



I'm using Jen's pattern (available on her blog - see link below) and made both the 12" and 6" block this month.  I selected a mottled fabric for the medium and while it looked good as a large piece, once I cut it up it started to blend it with the other fabrics, so there isn't as much color separation as I would have liked. 




Since I have 7 blocks finished, I'm starting to think about how I will put all the blocks together.  I love the diversity between the blocks and the colors.  Here are all the 12" blocks arranged in an on-point layout. 


Here are all my 6" blocks as I was playing with a traditional horizontal row layout. 



I can't wait to see what your block looks like.  On Jen's blog you have an opportunity to share your green block or anything made with green from July 21 to 31 to be eligible for prizes.  



And speaking of prizes, the sponsor for this month is Island Batik who are giving away fabric from the gorgeous Morning Sunshine collection. 




Also be sure to visit the other bloggers who are participating this month.  It's so much fun to see what fabrics everyone has selected and how different the same block looks with different fabric choices!


Jen Shaffer of Patterns By Jen
Jen Strauser of Dizzy Quilter
Sherry Shish of Powered By Quilting
Jen Rosin of A Dream and A Stitch
Dione Gardner-Stephen of Clever Chameleon Quilting
Joanne Harris of
quiltsbyJoanne


And if you are playing along with us, make sure to use #2018monthlycolorchallenge on social media! And speaking of social media, be sure to follow me on IG: @Masterpiecequilting and Masterpiece Quilting on FB for sneak peeks and updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment