Sunday, December 31, 2017

2018 Color Challenge - January is RED!

I am SUPER excited to part of this group of quilt designers and bloggers who are participating in the 2018 Color Challenge. 



To learn more about the 2018 Monthly Color Challenge hosted by Patterns by Jen, be sure to check out Jen's post 

In January we are celebrating the color RED! 




Jen's free block use two shades - light red and dark red.  I selected two Island Batik fabrics from my stash that have a nice contrast between them. While each of these fabrics have a distinct printed pattern (spoons & forks / cherries), it's interesting to see how the spoon & forks pattern disappears in the finished block but the cherry pattern remains. 



Next I got all my pieces cut out, organized and ready to stitch.


The blocks went together very quickly - so I decided to make one in each size...  12" and 6"

And just as I was finishing up, some fluffy snowflakes started to fall so I ran outside to photograph the blocks on the patio.  



I can't wait to see what your block look like.  On Jen's blog you have an opportunity to share your red block or anything made with red from January 24 - 31 to be eligible for prizes. And speaking of prizes, the sponsor for this month is: Northcott Fabrics who is providing this bundle of 2-1/2" precut strips. 



Also be sure to visit the other bloggers who are participating this month.  This is always fun to see what everyone is making too!

Jen of Patterns by Jen
Jen of Dizzy Quilter
Sherry of Powered by Quilting
Jen of A Dream and A Stitch
Joanne of Quilts by Joanne
Dione of Clever Chameleon Quilting

If you are playing along with us, make sure to use #2018monthlycolorchallenge on social media!  And speaking of social media, be sure to follow me on IG: @masterpiecequilting and Masterpiece Quilting on FB for sneak peaks and updates. 

6 comments:

  1. Very Pretty. I love how your batiks play together. I ran out and took photos in the snow, too. It was fun showing my husband that I'm not alone in my behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, I was hoping someone would play with batiks! These turned out beautifully! Thank you for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this block with the batiks! And such pretty ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice batiks! I like your version of this block very much. Ths block shows off the cherry fabric fabulously. Who would have ever known that the darker fabric had ever been spoons and forks?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Can’t go wrong with batiks, in my book, and the patterns are fun, too!

    ReplyDelete