Monday, April 25, 2022

Hour Glass Block Re-Mix Challenge Reveal

It's time for the big REVEAL of my Hour Glass Block Re-Mix challenge!   

I've been totally honest with you how I didn't have a vision for this block.  Some months I have a strong vision of how I want to re-imagine a block.  This block was a work in progress in each week as I try different options.  Trust me, there were a lot of options that I vetoed and didn't share with you.  




So I ended up arranging the blocks into a 3 x 3 horizontal layout and used the original hour glass block plus the blocks I designed for Sneak Peek #1 and Sneak Peek #2.   I love the secondary patterns that emerged!  

The next step was adjusting the colors.  I stayed true to the 6 fat quarter bundle I selected for my inital fabric pull and resisted the temptation to put some white in there.   The color placement really enhanced the secondary patterns. 

In case you didn't see it, here are the fabrics I pulled for this month's block. 

I'm going super springy with my fabric pull for this month and am using a 6 fat quarter bundle of pastel Kona Solids from Robert Kauffman.   This exact bundle is available in my Etsy shop. 

Yes, send a bundle to me! 


I truly love the opportunity to play and experiment with different blocks as part of the REMIX challenge.  Stay tuned for next month's post when the designers work on another new block. 

Each Monday, the participating designers are sharing about the challenge on their Instagram feeds.  Some of us are adding other social media too.   If you don't already follow me on Instagram, I'm @masterpiecequilting 

Here is the list of Instagram handles of the participating designers.  Each of us are sharing our fabric pull and / or color scheme this week.   

@tamarinis

@katecollerandesigns

@megschoicepatterns

@debbiewendtquilting

@patchworkbreeze

@sue_duckcreekquilting

@masterpiecequilting 

@swanamity   

@shout4joyquilter

@dragonflysquiltingdesignstudio

@deb.quiltblox



An easy way to find the posts is using the following hashtags.  Just type them into the search box and the posts will show up. 


Hashtags:


#Hourglassblockchallenge

#Hourglassquiltblock

#morethanjustablockchallenge

#designerblockchallenge

#Aprilblockchallenge

#Aprildesignerblockchallenge

#quilt

#quilts

#quiltdesigner

#quiltblock

#quiltblocks



I can't wait to see what everyone is selecting for their fabrics and I hope that you will take a look too! Be sure to follow each of the designers so you don't miss their posts during this fun challenge.


If you would like to see more of my patterns, tips and techniques delivered weekly to your inbox, be sure to sign up for my weekly Masterpiece Quilting Studio News email.  It's free of charge and I promise your email is safe with me. 


1 comment: