Tuesday, August 20, 2019

One of my favorite weeks of the year!

This is one of my favorite weeks of the year...  It's the Tri-State Tractor and Engine Show which is being held in the nearby town of Portland IN.  It's close enough that we can drive back and forth during the day.   Even though the show didn't open until today, I went yesterday to scope out the sights and sounds while vendors were still setting up.  

There are rows upon rows of vintage and antique tractors on display.  This photo was taken last year when Allis Chalmers was the featured brand of tractor.  While they aren't as popular as John Deere in county music lyrics, they were still very popular.
 



Growing up on a farm, things like engines, grease and gears are all familiar and bring back childhood memories. The WD 45 was the first tractor that I drove regularly as a kid.  I never rode bicycles much, I was too busy driving a tractor! 


Tractors and farm equipment aren't the only items on display.  I'm fascinated by the antique excavation equipment and love to watch this old one dig.  


There is an entire section dedicated to large engines similar to this one. 


The show takes up the entire fairgrounds and some vendors are simply set up and selling from their trailers in the grassy areas.  


And, I've saved the best for last ... the antiques!  There are several buildings full and I have to look at them all :)   I'm always on the hunt for vintage quilts to use as inspiration for my patterns. 



No comments:

Post a Comment