Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Sidestep Quilt in Quilter's World Spring 2019 issue

I am super excited to share one of my latest designs with you - the Sidestep quilt!  The pattern in the Spring 2019 issue of Quilter's World magazine.  Swing by your favorite news stand or local quilt shop to pick up a hard copy or order a digital copy online.  



I made Sidestep with a fat quarter bundle of Brenda Ratliff's Garden Club fabric collection for RJR Fabrics and added yardage of two of the prints in the collection for the "step" and the binding.  Huge thanks to RJR Fabrics for providing the fabric as well as thanks to The Warm Company for the Warm 80/20 batting, Aurifil for the thread and Tammy Oberlin of TK Quilting and Design for the Tread digital quilting pattern.   It truly takes a village to make a quilt and I'm grateful to work with such great companies who provide products which allow my designs to come to fruition. 




Sidestep uses square-in-a-square units that "step" side to side to create a visual zigzag running vertically down the quilt top. The steps are large enough to show off larger-scale prints as well as small prints. 


Sidestep isn't my only quilt in Quilter's World Spring 2019. In case you missed it, here is link to the blog post about my Hearty Blooms quilt.

To stay up-to-date with my blog, be sure to subscribe on the right hand column or follow Masterpiece Quilting on Facebook or on IG: @masterpiecequilting 

No comments:

Post a Comment