Saturday, January 27, 2018

Local Quilt Shop Day - January 27, 2018

It seems like there is a day for everything anymore and today is a really important day for those of us who like to quilt and make things with fabric .... It's Local Quilt Shop Day!


You can learn more about Local Quilt Shop Day by checking out their website.  And of course, I want to thank the fine folks at The Fabric Shop Network for coordinating the day. 

When I'm asked if I have a favorite Local Quilt Shop, it's a hard question to answer because I have so many favorite quilt shops!  I'm really fortunate to live in an area where there are a LOT of quilt shops within a 2 hour drive .... and yep, I consider local to a be 2 hour drive!  

And the diversity of fabrics that I can find in those shops is simply amazing....  civil war reproductions, 30's reproductions, batiks, blenders, solids in every color imaginable as well as modern fabrics ... they all make my heart sing :) 

Regardless of what fabric makes your heart sing, shopping local is important. It helps maintain and grow our local communities.    

So if you haven't shopped local for a while, get out and visit your local quilt shops - you might be surprised at all they have available for you and your creative endeavors! 

No comments:

Post a Comment