Friday, February 10, 2017

It's Better Than Christmas Morning

I remember the anticipation of Christmas morning as a child - all the boxes under the tree with my name on them and I didn't know what was inside them!  I felt that same anticipation yesterday as the Fed Ex truck pulled up  ... with a big box of fabric and I didn't know what was inside. 
 
My first Island Batik Ambassador shipment had arrived and I couldn't wait to open it! 
Thankfully there wasn't 6 layers of wrapping paper, duct tape and smaller boxes wrapped inside bigger boxes like Christmas at our house! 
 
 
I grabbed my camera and started snapping photos to share with you!  
 
One of my favorites is the Lake Life Collection that is available in stores now.  You can check it out at Lake Life - Island Batik
 The wonderful staff at Island Batik curated collections specific to each Ambassadors wish-list. Since I'm trying to expand my color palette and challenging myself to design with more muted fabrics Lake Life is perfect for me.  For those who don't know me or follow my designs, typically I play in the bright, bold and full-of-color world! 


As I was opening the box, these little guys caught my eye - aren't they gorgeous? 
They remind me of pinwheel cookies!  They are Stash Builders!   

 
Each individual roll contains 4 - 5" x width of fabric strips.  How genius is that! 
And there are a total of 5 rolls in a package for 2.8 yards of fabric!
 
You can use them as-is for borders.  Cut them in half lengthwise for 2-1/2" strips. Cut them into 5" squares.  I spent most of my sleeping hours last night thinking about all the things I can create with them!   No wonder I'm living on caffeine today!

And last but not least - the thread.  Huge thanks to Aurifil and Superior Threads for donating their products, of course, in colors that match our fabrics!

Okay - enough for now.  I'm off to start creating with all these beautiful fabrics and threads. 


 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Island Batik fabrics! Isn't it fun to get a box of them, I never put a preference for color, sometimes it is a challenge working with colors I don't usually use but I always have fun.

    ReplyDelete